Six Major Technology Improvements in sage X3 V9
- New blocks have been introduced in administration block.
- Server entity has been modified to specify the number of child processes, so now it is possible to work with X3 web load balancer mode.
- With the new Classic SOAP pools configuration entity, it is now possible to define number of pools to define maximum number of clients to avoid overload.
- of clients = No. of Child Processes * No. of Clients per Child process
- SOAP requests and replies decrease the counter
- You can check the counter in the license followup
Performance Analysis with Flamegraph:
- Flamegraph is used to analyze the calls in program by interrupting and analyzing the call stack every slice of time.
- Log can be started either from classic page session or from Sage Enterprise Management Web (Syracuse) session.
- Lot of events like database and code execution can be stored in Log File, depending on the log setup.
- For Classic pages, the memory dump is a result of Heapdmp execution.
- Patching process has been greatly improved with “one-click”
- Update is done in controlled way
- New update format:
- One or several patches list
- An additional description file in JSON format
- In one click you can:
- Select the update file by simply opening the browser
- Upload the file
- Configuration file is read and information is displayed
- You have choice to apply optional patches
- Option to select endpoints you want to update:
- Hierarchy of folders appears with their level of update
- Delete line in hierarchy if update is not required
- Verification of consistency of your choice is done by the system
- Folder can be updated only if its upper level is updated
- The following operations are available:
- You can save the record and apply it later when needed
- Check the consistency of the update on the folders chosen
- Upgrading process is launched in one click
- The update is done in a controlled way:
- In update mode, the Batch server stops and restarts.
- Patches apply in parallel per level once the upper level is updated
- The system restarts automatically after the last step if a stop occurs on an incident
Validate Historical Folders:
- It was not possible to revalidate historical folders in older versions
- This is done by selecting historical folder and using VALDOS task
- This upgrade is able to support:
- An upgrade from previous versions (5,6,7,8) to version 9
- Main folder must be upgraded first
- When no major upgrade applies, a historical folder validation is also supported.
- To manage the corresponding parameter, an additional table is added in the main folder and its historical folder (ADOVALHIS), and also many modifications in the applicative upgrade scripts.
- A dedicated function is required to access the folder parameter record and can no longer be done by a Read in the database
- Direct call to ACTLSPE function is used for accessing.
- Compares a dictionary where custom or vertical developments have been done and the standard dictionary (the root folder).
- Sage supplies a list of warnings, errors, and critical errors that would happen when a standard patch is applied.
- Vertical and specific folder consistency control
- A tool that can be run on any version 6, 7, 8, 9 folder
- In version, 9 supplied in standard and in patch in the other versions
- Performs consistency control against a reference folder
- A first step to a “cloud certification”.
- added for volume management (storage area), additional navigation links have been.
- Access rights to the storage area are managed using access codes
- Access codes are now present on the volume description.
- Other rights like Read, Write, and Execute (list) are managed through the rights granted to the users on these access codes.
Latest posts by Panni (see all)
- How to Check Numberof Records in the Table in Sage Enterprise Management (Formerly Sage X3) - December 12, 2018
- How to fix Unauthorised Journal on Invoice type Error in Sage Enterprise Management (Formerly X3) - October 31, 2018
- How to Change Length of Data Type in Sage Enterprise Management (Formerly Sage X3) - October 17, 2018