Five Changes in X3 V8
Five major changes in X3 V8 are:
- Interface Improvements
- In sage X3 V8 search is case insensitive.
- Now we can manage color code in RTF editor.
- It is also now possible to represent information into left to right orientation.
- Keyboard shortcuts are visible in every tooltip which is displayed in application.
- A personalization can be reset by using the shortcut ESC+W+Z.
- Inquiry code has been enlarged to 5 characters e.g. ESRDT.
- Now multiple line selection is possible using Shift Key.
- Blank fields are now replaced with 0.
- Print license using EULA which can be accessed from Legal mentions.
- Blocks can be collapse and expand using green arrows.
- Pyramid functions removed in V7 has been restored.
- Use-by-Date improvements:
The date you want to ship something by so when your customer receives it there is still time in its expiration date.
- Now it can be defined on customer by customer basis.
- UBD coefficient is converted in days.
- UDB coefficient is converted in days everywhere in program
Lead time * UBD coefficient
- Attachments and migrating attached files:
- Attachment screen has a new design.
- Keywords are in columns and pictures, images and text are in lines.
- Files are now stored in X3 volume instead of user workstation.
- It simplifies to attach a file from client workstation to X3 volume.
- Attachments on local workstation are no longer supported in V8. They need to be uploaded in X3 volume.
- Add image by simply drag and drop or by selecting from workstation. After successful upload paper clip icon will turn into green.
- Now files can be selected using filter on volume level e.g. PDF
- This function forbids from storing files on workstation.
- To open a document, you need to download it and open it on client workstation.
How to migrate existing file attachments after upgradation:
- In V5/V6, attachments were stored in the system (Unix/Linux/Windows) folders.
- In order to attach the file, it needs to be copied in local or server directories.
- In V8, all files are stored in X3 volume MYVOL/mydoc.doc
- Due to web approach, you are now able to upload files in volume in order to attach them.
Usage à Attachment Migration à there are two different blocks
- Files: View different directories, possible actions and number of files.
- Volume: You can create volume or a different value can be updated.
4) Office Integration:
In V8, usage is simplified but functionality is same.
Administration à Utilities à Installation àInstall add in for Office
- Create excel document without a template
- Generate an excel file we can open.
- Authenticate X3 credentials.
- It is also possible to connect several servers and select by drop down arrow.
- You can publish the generated document.
5) Automatic Journal Formulas:
- New Automatic journal formulas management has been introduced to overcome the old limitations of 20 legislations.
- There was no limit in X3 for the number of charts, dimension types etc. except in AJF (max.20).
- In V8 this limit is reached, 17 cores and 4 partner legislations.
- New legislations are also coming.
- This feature includes a new table, a dedicated function and migration tools.
Development à Data and Parameters à Tables
- LEG prevents any dimension limitations
- The only limit found on management screen with limit of 99.
Latest posts by Panni (see all)
- How to Check Numberof Records in the Table in Sage Enterprise Management (Formerly Sage X3) - December 12, 2018
- How to fix Unauthorised Journal on Invoice type Error in Sage Enterprise Management (Formerly X3) - October 31, 2018
- How to Change Length of Data Type in Sage Enterprise Management (Formerly Sage X3) - October 17, 2018